It seems that the main problem is that the heating oil must now be stored outside, but no suitable storage facility is available. Although the rules on the storage of the oil changed some years ago, the system at the Regal was reinstalled after the flood.
At last some Councillors are asking, who had the duty of care, and how did this get missed.
The Council is now likely to face a £16K+ bill to provide a temporary solution to get heat back into the Regal and hope that a more permanent solution can be found when (if) the Regal is redeveloped.
The flood alleviation scheme for Tenbury has been re-costed at £4M. This would see 80% of the Town's boundary enclosed by Walls and Embankments. The other 20% being already protected by the natural topography.
The officer from Malvern Hills District Council who gave an update to the Town Council tonight, also pointed out that although the scheme would be "fit for purpose" it was unlikely to be esthetically pleasing.
MHDC are making bids for various sums of money to help fund this project including a bid to Europe.
BBC Radio 4, Charlotte Smith visits Tenbury Wells in Worcestershire to look at what impact the downturn is having and how areas are fighting back. Are 'shop-local' schemes enough or do the NIMBYs have to accept that new housing may be the key to their town's survival?
Despite problems with mud, that saw many of the traders having to be towed in and out of the show ground, many people braved the inclement weather to visit, the ever successful Tenbury Agricultural show.
Visitor were wowed by the Cossack Riders, with a wonderful display of horsemanship and acrobatics. Strangely the Cossack's Russian accents in the arena, turned to Brummy accents outside?
This blog is an eclectic collection of my thoughts and concerns. Some subjects are brought to my attention by others who feel this blog is a good conduit for communication. I am a volunteer for a number of local organisations, but I do NOT write on their behalf. I do not pretend to talk on behalf of any organisation or the community. There are people who share some of my views, and others that do not. If you do not like what you read here, find another blog to read, or better still write your own.
"I am not a sheep, I have my own mind. I am fed up with being told what and how to think? Whilst we are still allowed the remnants of free speech, I will speak out."
I think I agree with that.
This Blog is my snapshot of what is happening locally.
Whether you view me as an activist, a mischief maker, a nutter, an irritant, or a recorder of social history probably depends on your position and point of view.
Feel free to browse the content and comment at will, but I will only consider publishing abusive comments about individuals where the author is identified, and reserve the right to contact the person named prior to publication. I may give more leeway about organisations. If you feel that any comment has been published in error please email firstname.lastname@example.org